Moe Zhoost
Half way there

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked 880 Times in 527 Posts
Real August 23, 2019 at 1:41 PM

I was one of the first on scene, guy in his 20’s was hit while crossing the cross walk on his bike, no helmet. Head smashed the windshield, major bleeding. Got on the ground to give cpr but he was breathing thankfully, a man was trying to stop the bleeding while we gave the poor guy shade from the 90 degree weather on the pavement. Fire truck was repsponding to another call so they stopped at the accident first because of priority. Driver was distraught and stayed on scene. Hope he makes it, hard to watch.
S Gail Adam August 23, 2019 at 1:41 PM
The accident on Bancroft in front of Black Bear In Walnut Creek at the Iron Horse Trail crosswalk. The bicyclist was traveling at high speed and the sedan was going pretty fast. The bicycle flew about 50-60 feet. Not sure if the cyclist is alive or who had the right of way.
It's curious that they have a red/green signal light for trail users. I reckon that the planners thought that the standard pedestrian type signals were not enough? With that middle island, I don't see an issue with partial crossing against the light, but I would not do it unless there were no oncoming vehicles within 100 yards. Speed limit along that stretch appears to be 40 mph so that means that traffic could be 50+. This is another reason to cross against the light if no motor traffic is in sight. Too many motorists run through red lights for me to be comfortable with any traffic signal.