mpls85

Bikes: Yeti SB150, Specialized Chisel, Giant Defy Advanced Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Thanks! They have a 27.5 too.

Ill have to look at the rake and A-C measurements compared to the fork on my MTB to see if it would be a good swap. For the singletrack I ride, I dont need a super slack truck steering MTB with a huge suspension. Truthfully, something with tighter geometry, narrower bars than whats popular, and less fork travel would be perfect. So maybe instead of 2.3" tires and an air fork, something like 2.6" tires and this rigid would be more fun while still providing suspension to roll faster over terrain. Itll for sure lighten up the bike!

The 29+ and 27.5+ are the same fork if you look at the spec details (e.g. same A-C measurement). Also confirmed via Daniel at Tandell. 495 A-C is a good fit for the Chisel and lots of other 100(ish)mm travel hardtails. I didn't want my front end too low since my saddle-to-bar drop is already on the high end, and I'm not using this bike for aggressive XC racing or anything.

It completely transformed the bike. 1000+ gram weight loss vs. the stock fork, plus a lighter wheelset and tires makes for a super climber. 23.9 lbs as it stands, with room to get lighter via cassette, crank, and seatpost. Probably a slightly different direction than you're going from the sounds of it. Either way, it's a relatively small cost to try rigid, and then you could always swap back and forth between suspension and rigid.
Likes For mpls85: