Old 07-25-19, 09:31 PM
Ttoc6
Cat 2

Bikes: Tarmac, Why Cycles R+, Evil The Calling

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 87 Posts
@Heathpack.. heal up. Don't rush head injuries. I had a teammate crash a few years ago at amateur nats and hasn't recovered to 100% ever because he came back too soon. He crashed again at the USA crits in SLC last weekend and I think the whole team was panicking over group text that he hit his head again.

My training was lacking the last few weeks fighting illness and taking a break into a racing block. Back to it now. Tuesday was the race ride.. where I got dropped because I missed the back. Cut the course, and jumped back on for the speed work. Afterwords a few of us climbed the divide. One of my slowest times ever, but it was headwind and hot.
Today I did 2x20ish up the divide. Did not think I'd be able to make the second rep but committed and made it. Power was a bit low and times were slow (again wind and heat).

Planis to make this the general training plan leading into lotoja. Group ride, lots of climbing intervals and long rides when I can fit it. I'm on track for a 60+hr work week this week. I'm glad I'm single and can still ride..