Old 09-22-19, 01:24 PM
sheddle

Bikes: my precious steel boys

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked 603 Times in 359 Posts
Originally Posted by Gconan
Wow! Just saw one in person at a local bike shop. Beautiful 2 tone purple paint! Over priced perhaps. But no one else has such a beautiful paint.
The LBS has a tenth anniversary Mr. Pink in black with pink and purple flecks. It's absolutely gorgeous, and really, more companies need to get back to making bikes that actually look nice. Too many black carbon bikes out there.

Cinelli does a decent job at providing style too. ACB's (and their sister Surly and Salsa brands) seem to be popular here- I think ACB market toward a younger/affluent market which might explain their somewhat high pricing. If you were set on a mid-range off-the-shelf steel road bike, something like the Jamis Quest Elite (Reynolds 631, 105 group) or Cinelli Vigorelli (Columbus Thron, SRAM 1x Apex group ) are comparable at better price points (and the Cinelli in particular isn't a bad looker either).

I think Gunnar has bikes in the All-City price range as well, and those are, IIRC, basically Waterfords which are TIG-welded instead of lugged, and offered in off-the-shelf sizes.

Last edited by sheddle; 09-22-19 at 01:32 PM.
Likes For sheddle: