Old 06-10-16, 11:22 AM
andyprough

Bikes: Motobecane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Catherine99
Riding for enjoyment: Yes! This is my goal. I want this trip to be enjoyable, that is the point. Even in my daily riding I put a small portable speaker in my basket and listen to music and much of my ride is leisurely, it's just at my lousy fitness level it doesn't take much to elevate it from leisurely to challenging during some parts where there is an incline or wind, etc. Yesterday I didn't preplan my route, I just rode until it felt right to stop, listening to my body. I routed it after I got home to see how far I had gone. Yesterday was a bit windy and I had some goods from the drug store in my basket for most of the ride.
Don't forget, you can circle your neighborhood at night or early in the morning for a few times when it's cool, just to enjoy the bike and feel the breeze in your hair. Even though I routinely bike 20+ miles a day commuting, I often go for a couple miles worth of circles around the houses in my neighborhood at 10pm to finish off the day. Nice way to spend 10-20 minutes before I get ready for bed for the evening. Early morning leisure rides when it's still cool before breakfast and work are also a good way to fit in some extra enjoyment. You don't have to leave the neighborhood, and every mile in the saddle is going to pay off in the long run.