View Single Post
Old 09-13-17, 11:26 AM
TCR Rider

Bikes: Pinarello Dogma F8 Giant TCR Advanced 2 Jamis Coda

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 115 Posts
I had my right knee replaced last Thursday, 9/7 and came home Sunday 9/10. I really wanted to go to an inpatient rehab but for whatever reason I was deemed not qualified and sent home.
At this point I'm getting intensive at home PT which is five times a week for two weeks followed by outpatient rehab. I have quite a bit of swelling, operated knee measures 46 cm as opposed to 40 cm for the good knee. Pain is significant but manageable with meds. At first this was an issue until I realized they cut the dosage from 15 mg of oxy every 3 hours to 5 mg every 4 hours at home. That was just not working. I'm no fan of opiates but managing post op pain is what they are designed for and if the pain is too great I can't do the exercises properly. I plan to talk this over with my surgeon when I see him on Monday.
Took my first walk outside this morning and am about to go out for another short walk with the wife.
Interesting that you were on the bike after 3 sessions. With that in mind I'm going to show my therapist my indoor bike setup tomorrow even though I know my ROM is not ready for a pedal stroke yet. I did however get flexion to a painful 95 deg today so I'm stoked about that.