View Single Post
Old 03-06-18, 01:29 PM
WNCGoater

Bikes: Diamondback Century 3. Marin Four Corners

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Absolutely love it. I bought an X-1 last September and it was great right out of the box. I got a touring bike last fall and wanted another. But that was about the time they added the H series AND stated specific weights. I believe the X series is for up to 180 pounds, and the H is for 190 +. I was a little put out by that since previously, the X was rated to 240 lbs or something. I weigh 200 and so NOW the H would be ideal for me, not the X. I don't think that is a problem, but there are some who reported the leather stretching on the X series and running out of adjustment.
I considered buying the H series but I've been wanting to try a Brooks and I found one at a price considerably below the Selle Anatomica. So I put a Brooks B-17 on the touring bike. I like it a lot too & find it very comfortable. I've been very pleased to find the leather saddles really work for me and I've ridden either my road bike with the Selle, or the touring bike with the Brooks, all winter mostly without any padded cycling gear.

But I'd give the nod to the Selle Anatomica. When I add another bike or otherwise have need of buying another saddle, I personally would probably choose the Selle over the Brooks.

Last edited by WNCGoater; 03-06-18 at 01:32 PM.