View Single Post
Old 03-07-18, 06:12 PM
kcblair
Old Legs

Bikes: '80 Strayvaigin, '84 Ciocc Aelle-Shimano 105, '90 Concorde Astore /Campy Triple ,85 Bridgestone 500/Suntour, 2005 Jamis Quest, 2017 Raleigh Merit 1, Raleigh Carbon Clubman

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Don Buska
Thanks Ken. When I recently completed the Yellow 75 Fuji S10-S I used an original NOS black Fujita saddle to match the Yellow/Black of the bike. Last week we had a few days of ridable weather and I took that S10-S out for a short 5 mile ride. After returning home I quickly removed the Fujita and installed an SA off another of my bikes that I will be selling shortly. Appears SA has me as a lifetime users now, as there was no way I could do a 25+ mile ride with that Fujita saddle, and it was a well padded saddle at that

BTW, during those rides last week I had the recently restored 86 Fuji 'Sekkei Series' out for over 50 miles without issues as that one already had the SA saddle installed. Perhaps I should monitor the SA website for a blemished black X saddle for the yellow bike.
Yep, I have't had any issues with blemish saddles, they're still new. Only my touring bike, has a conventional saddle, and I don't ride that bike too much. Maybe a 3 day trip, that's about it. I went for the NXS, as I wanted to try one, for my Concorde.
It sits on my trainer at the moment. I was able to get 70 mi. in , on the 3 nice days we had in New England. KB