Old 07-05-18, 10:43 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2976 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 771 Posts
Originally Posted by LanghamP
I live car light. I mean, really car light; it took me two months to go through half a tank of gas while putting on over 600 miles on my commuter bicycle over the same period of time.

Is it doable and pleasant? No. Riding a bicycle requires real sacrifices. I ride to get to and from work and for pleasure but it isn't my major source of transportation, especially when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to go up hills.

Instead, I ride my Gotway MSuper V3S+, an extremely large electric unicycle. It doesn't require much sacrifice and tops out at about 30 mph. You'll pass most urban traffic with it. My moving average is around 26 mph.

I do see electric bicycles and unicycles taking over bicycles; certainly most new bikes sold in Western Europe are electric.

I try to treat my car as, "emergency use only".

I don't like owning nor using a car. I have very often looked into what it would take to be entirely car free; it requires moving away from the United States which is now my plan.
Well since I don't have any plans to move away from the United States...and where I live the weather swings from 30 below zero white out snow conditions to 90 degrees and 100% humidity...I have no plans of going car free or car lite.