Witterings

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by cirian75
Bugger

looks like you need the carbon frame for 42s

I want to run 35mm on the road and 42mm on a spare set for weekend.
I think the ones I originally suggested are the only ones that'll go to that size and are relatively close to your budget .... I've been looking at these and researching all the options now for about 2 / 3 months and the one thing I wanted was decent clearance .... if you have it you don't have to use it but if you don't you won't have the option to go wider and didn't want the limitation.
One other alternative I liked was the Salsa Journeyman but they're not widely available in the UK and at £1250 with Sora and Mechanical Brakes the Pinnacle Arkose 3 with 105's and Hydraulic brakes at £1250 if you can find a scrap bike to trade in for £100 seemed the better option.

I've been trying to find a 2nd hand one in my size - small - but they rarely come up and the new ones have been out of stock for a while as well ... that said I've just hand b'day and asked everybody for money and am probably going do the same for Xmas and just get a new one when they're in stock.

Let us know what you decide on in the end be interested to hear and if you find any other alternatives.