Old 03-09-19, 02:48 PM
Leebo

Bikes: Kona Dawg, Surly 1x1, Karate Monkey, Rockhopper, Crosscheck , Burley Runabout,

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghazmh
I have found that my 2-4 day mini tours are always solo as none of my friends and family are into cycling like I am and those that could potentially could accompany me aren’t available when I am. That being said a few sips of whisky or a few beers in front of the campfire help being alone feel less lonely. One time I had a few too many and I the next morning I realized how miserable, unproductive and counterintuitive it was.
I relish the alone time, I'm never lonely. I once went almost a whole day without talking to anyone. Great to dial down the hum and bustle of life. Unplug. Get in tune with the wildlife and sunrise/sunset. I'm a pretty chatty guy, the loaded bike is always a conversation starter. Follow your nose for lunch or dinner. On my last trip I stopped at a campground for directions, found out my destination was closed. They had $ 20 overflow tent sites, hot tub/pool/showers/laundry. Plus it was grilled corn night, 2/buck. Winning.