View Single Post
Old 05-17-19, 07:02 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Had both an angiogram and a stress test, the cathertazation (sp?) was in 1998 following severe chest pains at work. Turned out to be false as the cardiologist told I had sewer mains for coronary arteries, but losing my father at 49, to a massive MI, had me plenty alert. Fast forward to 2018 and I am having a lot of discomfort and strange feelings in my chest, when I try to get a HR on my home BP set it gives me the irregular heart beat symbol every time.

I tell my PC-APRN about this, she says I am in Afib at that time so its a referral to the cardiologist and they do an Echocardiogram to rule out structural abnormalities, and then the doc sees me a few weeks later. I'm in Afib once again while he is examining me, he adjusts my medications and takes into account I have Parkinson's Disease/take Sinemet, and at that time an MOAI inhibitor. He stops one of the BP medications the PC has had me on for years and switches me to Metoprolol in a low dosage. He said its Paroxsomal(sp?) Afib, and has me take a stress test a few weeks later.

The metoprolol messed up the stress test as it limits the max HR, I had to stop running even though I was doing great at the time. Not winded at all and moving at a fast clip, but the technician was freaking out at my low HR and blood pressure.She called in another senior tech, then called the resident on duty for Cardiology that morning. He told them to stop and use chemical stimulants to achieve a higher HR without any activity. Still have the Afib now, it gets bad at times, but it seems to be related to the Parkinson's medications mainly. See the Cardiologist in two weeks for a regular follow up, the PC-APRN is still worried about the amount of irregular extra beats the atria are experiencing regularly.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13