Old 06-17-19, 09:41 AM
beandk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by machinist42
mint 1977 Francisco Cuervas full campagnolo - $800 (lexington)

"Up for sale is my handmade Francisco Cuervas. This bike was a gift to me eight years ago from the original owner who rode it less than 100 miles on the day he bought it back in the 70s. Since then it has been sitting under cover in his house and mine. Cuervas built all of his bikes by hand in his shop in Spain and New York. This bike is truly one of a kind and an example like this is very rare to come by. It’s a museum piece in every sense of the word.

All Campagnolo components
Cinelli quill stem and bars
Profile seat
Reynolds 753 frame

The bike is a 9.5 out of 10. There is zero rust or corrosion on the bike. However, there is a small scratch underneath the bottom bracket, one small chip on the top tube and , and a broken strap on the left toe clip from age. The wheels are for tubular tires. The front wheel has the original tubular on it and I replaced the rear when I got the bike because the original had disintegrated. The only thing on the bike that is not original is the rear tire.

Asking 1500 obo
Will include free shipping if needed

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime! My name is Cris.

bicycle frame material: other/unknown
bicycle type: road
delivery available
frame size: 51cm
make / manufacturer: Francisco Cuervas
wheel size: 700C "

https://columbia.craigslist.org/bik/...894058961.html

(Too small for me. 753! The title reads $800, so perhaps that's his bottom line? I am going to continue this post with more pictures, as there are more. It's a new marquee to me, and I'd like to preserve the better than average photos this seller has posted.)
It's odd that the seller hasn't noticed that CUEVAS has no R in it. (And BTW, a marquee is a tent, a marque is a brand.)