Old 11-24-19, 04:36 PM
DOS

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by SethB
So, bottom bracket bearing seized (I neglected its routine maintenance this year) and now I need a new one.

The bike is a Trek Fuel EX 5 29 2014. On the side of the frame is "BB-ALM92 Φ19". It is an FSA Gamma Drive crankset.

I was able to tap out the faulty bearing using a long bolt. I am trying to buy a new bearing but cannot seem to find what I need.

A LBS (one I have never been to) said they can't replace the bearing, they have to replace the whole thing? Why, I already have the bearing out, just press in the new one.

Obviously, I will replace both bearings, if I can find them.

In my Googling, I read that the FSA Gamma Drive is trash, and never to get one. TBH, I have never had any problems with it. I service it once a year (the whole bike, like take everything apart service) and never had problems. The thread OP said they went with a completely different crankset and BB. I would like to avoid this cause I don't have much money and would honestly see it as a pointless upgrade because what I have is perfectly okay.

Where can I find just the bearings for this? I don't need anything else, no cones, no tubes, just bearings....

Or, what are my options?

Thanks
I think you need bearings like the ones here...https://wheelsmfg.com/enduro-24-x-37...d-bearing.html. 24mm ID for 24mm spindle on your crankset; 37mm OD; and 7mm thick.Are there any markings on the bearing seals? If not, do as Bill Kapaun advises.

You might also consider just replacing the whole unit as the LBS suggests since your BB comes with bearing preinstalled in cups that are pressed in to the shell as a unit.