Old 07-28-20, 07:09 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,410 Times in 910 Posts
Originally Posted by texaspandj
Anybody able to ride their Ironman with no hands? Jetboy had posed this question before. I admitted that the only bike I could ride hands free was a dept store bike.
I can't in any Configuration of my Ironman. But Sunday I'm on my 30 mile short course hill ride, I saw a guy on his walmart bike riding and turning with no hands. 20 miles later I'm returning and near same area he's now climbing a short steep incline with no hands. His hands were clasped and he was bobing from side to side. This was on a country road. All he was missing was a cigarette in his mouth and a paper wrapped drink in his hand canklecat
Never have I ever ridden no hands.
Can’t do it.
Won’t do it.
Can’t.
Won’t.

Even try.

Doc and I followed a guy downhill in a paceline at Thunder Ridge. Surly Straggler. Probably 28 mph.
Dude takes off his helmet, pulls off his jacket, wraps it up, clips it on his rack, puts the helmet back on.
All no-hands. In a pace line, downhill at 28. Surly Straggler. Turns out he’s a DC bike messenger.
Did some college at Appalachian State. He climbed Thunder Ridge just fine, like a routine day.