bigevil

Bikes: Aethos + Checkpoint

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 21 Posts
Right Side Power Meter Options

Thanks in advance for any advice,
I've got a 2020 Trek Checkpoint SL6 [so Ultegra and not GRX] and looking into the dizzying array of power meter options typically debated here.

This is further complicated by the Checkpoints clearance issues so a left side crank based power meter sadly isn't an option (thus no dual sided crank options either).

My choices seem to be: (please correct me if I'm missing anything!)
1-4ii right side factory install [$299]
2-Quarq DFour Dub fitted to Force AXS GXP arms and their PF90 Bottom Bracket [$624] (this setup suggested by quarq for my Ultegra)
3-Stages right side [$599]

3-SRM pedals [single sided is $899.......]

pros and cons to all here

-the pedals are way expensive (and not available for purchase). I also may switch to the SPD-SL format if I continue mostly riding road (right now I'm like 90/10 road/gravel).

-the 4iii requires shipping my setup so no riding while it's gone, and I am concerned about right side only accuracy (someone please feel free to tell me I'm wrong here).

-Quarq which seems like best option atm will make a cosmetic mess of my crank [not that bothered by it but still.......] also some have said their BB and crank arms kinda suck compared to what I'm running stock now.

so bottom line, I come to you friendly folk for any thoughts and opinions. Is having a right side only vibe going to be inaccurate? I'm still a newbie, can barely crack 30 mile rides and a pathetic FTP, so not doing anything other than trying to get better (no pro or serious racing ambitions here).

Last edited by bigevil; 01-29-21 at 09:52 AM.