Old 03-10-21, 05:48 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,182 Times in 1,184 Posts
Originally Posted by Dylansbob
Several of the decals on one of the new bikes have what appears to be medical tape over the 531 decals. Normally my bikes are already disintegrated by the time I get ahold of them. I know they are usually super delicate paper stickers, so I am not sure what the best course of action would be. Usually I'd use a little high test alcohol, but wondering if some baby oil might be better.

Any suggestions?
OP,
The adhesive on the tape looks like it has dried out and may be hard to lift without removing the decal. Waterslides have a water-soluble glue on them which makes removal of the tape difficult/impossible.
Is the tape residue on the area that the tape has been hard or is it still reasonably pliable? If so you might try rubbing the tape off by starting on an area that does not have any decal underneath (low heat from a hairdryer may soften it a bit) it to see if it will rub off....if so continue with care.
But I am afraid that you will need to purchase some replacements...the ones on the frame seem beyond saving.
Good Luck, Ben

BTW, the title of the thread elicited the hilarious responses that were on point....worst/best?

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Last edited by xiaoman1; 03-10-21 at 05:51 PM.
Likes For xiaoman1: