Old 04-09-21, 03:52 PM
uncle uncle

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
OK, the crankarms are dated September and October of Showa year 47, which was 1972. That's late enough in the calendar year that it's almost certainly a 1973 model.

I'm not sure what you by "specs of interest". The Tripping was a mid-range recreational touring model. There's not too much interest in C Itoh, even the top models.
I'M THE WINNER!!!!!! No need to send a prize, I'll grab my prize outa my own fridge, pop the top of a brewsky, and cheer myself and my obscure (some say nearly worthless) bicycle dating skills.

To the Okoweq... it's an early 70's, Japan built, probably high tensile steel, bicycle. It's a serviceable ride, with neutral steering, middle-of-entry-pack ride characteristics. There are still many parts out there, if you need them, to get it up and going, and keep it running. It's value lies in 1) getting you from here to there, and back, 2) it's easy to work on and understand, if you want to wrench on a bicycle, 3) it's not rare, or particularly special in any way, so you can do whatever to it you want, and lastly 4) it's yours. All four of those values makes it a greater commuter contender, in at least my eyes.