View Single Post
Old 04-09-21, 03:58 PM
okoweq

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Nicely done! Thank you for your educated guess and for your comment, 1/2/3/4 is exactly what I'm looking for, especially 2 - already having some fun on the bike. Bonus: if it's not attractive, it might not get stolen during the errands. And if it does, I'll pick up another old bike to work on.

Originally Posted by uncle uncle
I'M THE WINNER!!!!!! No need to send a prize, I'll grab my prize outa my own fridge, pop the top of a brewsky, and cheer myself and my obscure (some say nearly worthless) bicycle dating skills.

To the Okoweq... it's an early 70's, Japan built, probably high tensile steel, bicycle. It's a serviceable ride, with neutral steering, middle-of-entry-pack ride characteristics. There are still many parts out there, if you need them, to get it up and going, and keep it running. It's value lies in 1) getting you from here to there, and back, 2) it's easy to work on and understand, if you want to wrench on a bicycle, 3) it's not rare, or particularly special in any way, so you can do whatever to it you want, and lastly 4) it's yours. All four of those values makes it a greater commuter contender, in at least my eyes.
Likes For okoweq: