Old 03-26-18, 12:11 PM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Jarrett2
That's what we've been told, yes. I've found that to be not the case for me and others.

If you are worried about heart health, then diet becomes a main focus.

Everyone is different though. We have no history of heart attacks in my family. I know "more healthy" folks that have had multiple in their family.
I see your point, but wondering if eating a high fat diet is the answer. I am thinking maybe more fresh food and less processed food might be the path to heart health, relatively speaking. My mother seems to have been able to lose weight and extend her life just by eating less overall, but not necessarily eating all that healthy. (she would disagree, but IMO, eating 100 calorie servings of processed food is still eating too much processed food)

But honestly, I don't know for sure. My father had literally the worst eating habits of anyone I have ever seen and he paid the price. My habits are better, but far from perfect. At this point, I am carrying too much weight which I am making a priority to take off. Beyond that, I don't know how much I am prepared to change about my diet. As I said, more focus on fresh food, and cut way down on empty calories like sweets, french fries, and things like that.