Old 12-17-19, 07:24 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Pictures didn't come out well. The wife and kiddos were sitting in an odd spot I guess. Finally looked up the results though. Getting the hole shot group was well worth it to avoid the log jams in the muddy off camber sections.

I guess going hard enough with my head cold to vomit after finishing was worth improving a few spots. Even if my handling skills suck. 14/34. I'll take it. I took about 20 seconds not pedaling at one point to spit out phlem and mucouse mid race. I lost a group of 3 at that point.

I think next year I should target top 10's at my races. Fitness wise zero reason to not top 10 each one. Skills, I sent an inquiry into a good local team to see if they'd take me in and show me some stuff. I'll also sign up for the couple of $30 half day camps that get put on yearly also.

I already have scoped out a very slow but technical route around my back yard. Through the goat pen area, around the chicken coop, sprint up the driveway, then loop back around.

If I can even just go from a skill level of "very capable toddler" to "preschool graduate" I think I'd be a lot better off.

Oh, and the 32mm mud tires I bought worked the trick. Good choice there. Also, went latex tube. Good choice there since my bunny hop sucks and I smacked the rear wheel on the log twice.