MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10148 Post(s)
Liked 5,841 Times in 3,145 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
On the scalp front, I will say that my earmuff-style hearing protection does offer a bit of head protection, too - I've bumped ducting a few times with them on and no problems.

More importantly, I've become fond of not hearing my family calling out for me, so much so that I've taken to wearing my wireless earbuds while cooking. It's a lot easier to get things done when you're not constantly being interrupted.
I seem to walk into a lot of overhead obstacles for a not-very-tall person and sailing seems to be particularly hard on the scalp, although I've never been whacked by a moving boom on anything larger than a Lazer, thank God. Fortunately, I virtually always have a hat on whenever I'm on a boat. This latest hit on the bike also put a big scrape on the top of my glabrous dome, right through the helmet and a 2-ply cap.

I wear earbuds constantly when doing any sort of work that doesn't require too much conscious thought. I have fixed some of the gaping holes in my education with audiobooks.