Old 02-19-18, 11:46 AM
PdalPowr

Bikes: Norco hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by B. Carfree
I've done both and even used an extension ladder as a trailer (just tie it onto a rack and get some wheels, even a hand-truck can do the trick).

I do enjoy my trailers. One of them was initially made at a local organization that runs a lot of small businesses to help get troubled youth back on track. The original purchaser changed his mind after they were mostly done fabricating it, so my neighbor and I went halves. It's big enough that I hauled a five-foot long freezer home from the store on it and, while only rated to 500 pounds, I've loaded much more without disaster. In fact, I rarely see anyone at Costco drive away in an SUV with a load bigger than I put on my trailer.

My other trailer was a gift from a different neighbor. I had the cover replaced (the manufacturer is about 60 miles away and he sews the covers himself). When it's dumping rain/hail/sleet, my wife brings it along with us to pick up the grandchildren from pre-school. We make them ride the first mile on the tandem-plus-trailerbike, and then they can snuggle into the warm dry trailer for the last three miles home.

It sounds like you are living the good life my friend.