Old 02-23-18, 10:58 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,479 Times in 1,836 Posts
Where a person heard a thing is irrelevant in this case. he is asking people here if they prefer center- or chain stay mounts for trailers. A I am sure when he asks for opinion he expects to get opinions. I am pretty sure he didn't think there was a legal case win which it was determined which was considered better.

I am pretty sure, since he is on the internet, that he expected snark and smart-mouthed responses.

In this case it was you, but it could have been me.

Funny, though, when you call me out for making just such posts.

To the OP: Most trailers seem to be side-mount, but I would prefer center-mount because of OCD. And any trailer like any load will change the way the bike handles, but you would adapt.

Problem with a cargo bike is that it Never would handle well. A normal bike without a trailer is a bike. A cargo bike is a truck, by comparison. The whole idea behind a trailer is augmenting a bike's utility ... it can be a bike, a bike with racks and panniers, or a bike hauling a trailer, all in one.