Old 07-09-19, 08:34 PM
DropBarFan

Bikes: 2013 Surly Disc Trucker, 2004 Novara Randonee , old fixie , etc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by joeruge
I don't know about the '$55 one time subscription' (I think it is a yearly charge) Having said that, it is for a year, which means along with the tour you can watch the Giro, Tour of California, etc. I like it. It's one of my few TV indulgences. Now, whether it's 'worth it,' all depends on how much you like to have an excuse to sit and watch bike riding, rather than going out and doing some. In Tucson, in the Summer, If you're not out there riding by about 6 AM, you're toast. Unfortunately, the 'live' coverage is not finished till about 9 AM, so July doesn't see me out on the roads too much.

However, you can watch any stage pre-recorded. So you can go out on your ride and then watch a stage.
I have NBCSN, not exactly "free" ie part of cable tier package. Have to set DVR which is not a huge task but I don't have multi-room. NBC Gold seems good for cable-cutters, AFAIK includes some races not on cable which has also cut back on TdF repeats, used to be 3-4 shows per day. Gold, unfortunately, doesn't include skiing, NBC is working on the "Snow Pass", boo.