View Single Post
Old 03-26-21, 11:12 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,491 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by fujidon
My 2020 Diverge Elite E5 is in the 58cm size. So the trail is 57mm. The tires are the ones it cam with which are Specialized RoadSports 700X35.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I'm going to drop the tire pressure a little. I've been running 60 PSI on the road and 40 PSI off road Since I didn't really notice the steering being too quick off road (the very few times I rode off road), I'm going to split the difference and try 50 PSI for road rides. I'm pretty confident I still won't have to worry about pinch flats at that pressure.

I'm also thinking about using wider bars. Right now they're 42cm. The Surly Truck Stop handlebars look pretty interesting. I would get them in 45cm. The extra rise may allow me to put on a longer stem.
Have you ridden a drop bar road bike before this Diverge?
The trail otrailer size Diverge just isn't too quick handling for a drop bar paved road bike(which is how you intend to use the bike)