Old 03-13-21, 09:07 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Liked 1,191 Times in 692 Posts
Originally Posted by rgppgr
My 4 grand daughters and I were riding to a play date when we came to a three way all stop intersection. We were stopped and I saw another solo rider approaching. Older gentleman in full dress coming fast. He gave me one look and never slowed down. I told the girls to go ahead and they took off. This guy grabbed both brakes and ground to a stop as the girls went in front of him. I looked at him again, He looked put out that he had to yield. Like from a fellow cyclist I was supposed to follow the law and let him slide. I loved it. And it was a good lesson for the girls. Keep your eyes on the surroundings. You never know when someone is going to cause a problem. Keep your head up.
except that you sent your granddaughters into essentially on coming traffic. what if he did not stop? or were unable to do so in time? my 16 year old daughter is currently getting driving experience before her test. when she is first in line at a red light i always tell her to wait for the red light runners to finish their thing before starting into the intersection because you never know and then it may be too late. it did not take too long for her to get what i meant.

bike *and* drive safe.