Old 09-24-18, 08:38 AM
pbass

Bikes: 2016 Surly Cross Check, 2019 Kona Rove ST

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 313 Times in 211 Posts
Originally Posted by McMitchell
The riding position is very similar. I used a 35 degree x 110mm stem to get my riser handlebars in a similar position. The “inner” bars I am using on my riser handlebar, function sort of like drop bar hoods in practically the same position. I was having issues with the drop bars that came with mine due to spinal injuries.

I have some issues as a result of body imbalances that seem to be exacerbated by riding in a more aggressive position. This photo makes it look a bit more upright than it really is for some reason, but yeah, it's way more comfortable right outta the gate than my Cross Check is, which I have been fiddling with for a year to get comfortable on(very different geo than this Kona of course). And, part of the problem is I'm aways a bit in between sizes, and I've decided my CC is a bit big for me, and I've hit the wall with how much I can close up the cockpit/raise the bars. With this new Rove I finally sized down for a change and I'm certain it's gonna be better, especially considering the more relaxed geometry. I can go to a bigger stem if I need to, the saddle has room to experiment with fore/aft, and as I say it already feels better right out of the shop. Looking forward to dialing this in.

Last edited by pbass; 09-24-18 at 08:53 AM.