Thread: Addiction LXXIX
View Single Post
Old 08-09-20, 03:31 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10442 Post(s)
Liked 11,916 Times in 6,102 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
This promises to be a pleasant day in the saddle. Perhaps I'll do that climb I haven't done in at least 6 years. What's the point of having a 36x34 if you don't go up?
So, I DID do that climb I hadn't done in at least 6 years, and made a total rookie mistake - started out too fast. So, I passed a group of about 6 or so teenagers, only to have them re-pass me after I had to stop. How embarrassing! I did pass them again, but it wasn't the same. Also, this climb used to be great for solitude. On the average Sunday, you'd pass two people in 3 miles, and be passed by 2 people. There'd be maybe 2 people going down hill (narrow, steep, lousy surface). MAN! Has it changed! Not only were there a crap-ton of cyclists, but there were a lot of cars and motorcycles, too. Still, it's a good climb and mostly shady. It's just that including the 5 minute stop, this was probably the slowest I've ever done that climb. Very humbling! Can't wait to try it again next week

Descending, with disc brakes, is AWESOME!!!! I'm usually a chicken, in fact I often yell at myself to let go of the brakes, but not today!

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles

Last edited by genejockey; 08-09-20 at 03:39 PM.
Likes For genejockey: