Old 07-10-17, 04:29 PM
rsanchezsaez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks again for the info.

I've been giving it more thought, and I'm considering just doubling my budget and getting a nice Brompton, I think I won't regret it, and those look absolutely stunning.

I've also asked for advice on an acquaintance bike-lover which rides and repairs expensive bikes, but he's very much against foldables:

"As a cyclist I have a bias towards "real" bikes from folding bikes, (...) The only time I suggest a folding bike to someone is if they have to take it on public transit. Otherwise normal bikes are much nicer and easier to ride. Don't let visual intimidation put you in a difficult situation.

(...)

I highly suggest test riding normal bikes and folding bikes before you drop any significant money on one.

(...)

The issue you will run into with a folding bike is that they are much heavier than normal bikes and do not handle as well as normal bikes, even compared to low end bikes. If you never use the folding aspect you will have a nicer, easier ride on a $150 normal bike than a $500 folding bike."

That's a bit discouraging, but I'm very stubborn and I cannot get foldable bikes our of my mind. Thoughts?