Old 11-15-18, 03:58 PM
bigredgrad01

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by lennskii
Thought I'd share in the Renegade love.

L to R: 2018 Expat, 2017 Exploit, 2018 Escapade.

All tubelessed.

Have 1x11 converted the Exploit and Escapade for simplicity and lower range of gearing over stock (ride a fair bit of singletrack on them and 1x was better suited for big gear dumps).

Also used some Wolf Tooth B-Rad bases to re-position the bottle cages quickly (two quick bolts to crack + tighten) should I need to run a half-frame bag & to fit the Fabric cageless keg as there was some clearance issues on the underside down-tube bottle bosses.

Loving how nippy they ride. Perfect for 5-15kg weighted touring and still agile, responsive and nippy for regular training rides. Used to have a Kona Sutra and Surly Cross-Check, both of which were comparatively lethargic unloaded (they were great with 25kg load, but that happens once every couple of years. The Renegade still rides well with heavy 25kg loads though). Normally a mountain biker - so a road bike I can do some intervals/tempo training rides and still hoon off on bits of singletrack in the corner of my eye is perfect.

Nice collection. What kind of tool keg is that? Any issues with hydraulic brake hose coming out underneath the bottom bottle cage?