Old 01-15-21, 04:21 PM
LaVieClaire86

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by canyoneagle
Adding Tesch, Sachs, Davidson and Columbine to the list.

OP - was yours a typical road bike (Stage racing geometry, like most of the Italian bikes), or touring, sport-touring?
clues: did the fork and or rear dropouts have little eyelets for fenders/racks, or were they without? That alone will help de-mystify the geometry
Yep, Eagle, everything I ever raced, trained or tested on was a typical road setup. I recall seeing some of the "long-distance" touring bikes, but I've never actually ridden one.

By the way, a fellow I served with and, later, trained with was killed on a beautiful 90s-era Colnago Super, in the late-90s, by some guy who veered off of a long stretch of straight highway on a sunny Florida day. As I had been invited to go on that half-century training ride with my two other cyclist/coworkers that day, I still recall being upset that I missed that ride. It was quite a thing getting a call from the third rider in our group asking me to accompany him while he delivered the poor guy's car and bike to his family. That was a day that I'll never forget and, quite honestly, I think that's one of the reasons that I'd like to have a bike that reminds me of the training rides the three of us took together,

Last edited by LaVieClaire86; 01-15-21 at 04:25 PM.