View Single Post
Old 04-01-19, 10:33 AM
eja_ bottecchia

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked 463 Times in 293 Posts
Originally Posted by Biker395
That's pretty much me too. I plan to keep riding a bicycle as long as I can, getting lower gears or foregoing the really nasty climbs until that is no longer possible. With the right gearing, I can climb just about everything there is to climb ... just not as fast as I might like to. That has always been the case, and should be the case for a long time to come. The only thing that should change is that I'll need lower and lower gears as the years go on and younger people will pull away from me and I'll be riding with a different group ... nothing new.

I may change my tune if my knees or my heart blows up, but that's is something I'll consider when that day comes, and that day is not today.

To mix my quotes to my own dubious purposes:

I know not what course others may take, but as for me, do not go gentle into that good night, rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I am with you 100%.

At 63 I can still climb and ride using my very own power.

But with diabetes and seven coronary stents in place I’ve had to make some changes in order to keep pedaling on.

Like you I will keep pedaling under my own power for as long and as hard as I can.

And when the day eventually arrives that I can’t ride my bikes, I will get a Vespa. Celeste green of course.