View Single Post
Old 01-09-21, 02:34 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10442 Post(s)
Liked 11,918 Times in 6,103 Posts
Originally Posted by LAJ
Would picking the time help? Typical wisdom points to an after work bike session, but I have found that I like to spend time at night with Mrs. LAJ. So, I'm willing to get up at an ungodly hour to get that done. Of course, with weights and the bike on schedule at this time, I just get to get up at an ungodly hour to lift weights.
During the outdoor riding season, I generally make up a spreadsheet of sunset times, with back-calculations of when I need to stop work in order to change and get to where I ride, in order to get in 1 1/2 hours before it's too dark. That works pretty well for me, even during COVID. But this is the first winter that I've actually kept riding. Previous years, I road the dumb trainer with nothing but music and could barely make 40 minutes, and kept finding reasons not to. You know, like "Gosh I should really finish this email before I go ride....Oops! Now it's too late!" This year, I actually look forward to Zwift sessions but I find that too many little things around the house - which I won't go into - need my attention. But I'm working on it. This week, I was going to do the TdZ on Wednesday but then there was an unsuccessful coup d'etat. Hopefully next week will be calmer.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles