View Single Post
Old 06-04-20, 07:05 PM
giffenf

Bikes: Specialized Aethos Pro, Donnelly G//C, Trek Fuel EX 9.8, Medici Pro Strada, Centurion Super LeMans

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 1,221 Times in 296 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclist2000
Good luck with the surgery
Thanks. It's not really all that serious, I've got a hammer toe that has dislocated and contorted so it makes wearing bike shoes (and anything other than sneakers) a new adventure in pain, and I fairly quickly decided it was worth the effort of treating. They're going to shorten the bone, straighten the toe out, put a screw in to keep it straight, and fuse it so it really can't do that again. It won't move much after that, but it doesn't move much now, and the sooner I get it done, the sooner I can go back to enjoying long rides. It hasn't stopped me from doing the rides, but it's taken a lot of the fun out of it, and I already have plenty of things that do that in my life.

I got fitted for my boot yesterday and got the laundry list of things that COULD go wrong and the consequences, like losing the toe, or the foot, but I almost lost the other leg a couple years ago, and if I can beat that infection, a toe correction will be easy peasy. And as a plus, I get a handicap parking placard for several months, so I've got that going for me.