View Single Post
Old 07-03-17, 06:04 AM
Divebrian

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ruudlaff
This is interesting actually, so realistically holding 120rpm is the target? I have the gears to go anywhere from 49-53 in the front so that should give me plenty of opportunity to play about with it. I don't tend to have a problem turning anything generally, but I do burn myself out quick at the higher end of my cadence (anything 130 and up really).
A lot of it depends upon your natural achievable cadence. I have seen guys that can hit 150 rpm and look comfortable and in control with the ability to hold it for a short duration.....I'm not one of them. When I get over 130, it looks like a frantic pace with me on the edge of control. Hitting a max of 130 rpm and being able to sustain 120-125 rpm's is my sweet spot. You want a high rpm, but one that you can control and maintain.....smooth is fast!!

Answering the following simple math equation may be able to help you understand the rpm thing a little better and how it pertains to you and the 200. Which is faster....94" gear at 130 rpm or 102" gear at 128 rpm?