cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,392 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryFrankie
Good luck. That is one bike that I'd love to own one day, one of those Raleigh Pros. The paint aesthetics are a very big part of their attraction, the color and such.
That's why I wound up with this one. It took me 8 years to wind up with a Mk.V that I found locally, and it took another 6 for the Mk.IV to make itself known, and I've been aching to have one since I saw one.

Originally Posted by onyerleft
Those were my thoughts exactly. If it were me, I'd go full resto. Actually, if it were really me, I'd find some Italian bike with fast geometry to restore.

I thought that Joe Bell had passed. Maybe I'm confusing him with another painter, not gonna Google it.
I'd rather it have all the scrapes and dull finish that I'd expect from factory. But hey, I'd be farting around with a 1972 Colnago Super if I had one. But I don't.

Originally Posted by jeirvine
I though Pro MkIv's had pretty aggressive geometry?

And of all the painters mentioned, I can personally recommend Franklin. They do a great job.
Anything but. They were ancient holdovers of the 1960's when they were being sold in the 1970's. Relatively speaking, I'd say it's relaxed - with lots of fork rake.

The Mk.V's were much more aggressive - and if mine is of any indication, it feels like it too.

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 06-29-19 at 09:35 PM.