View Single Post
Old 07-09-19, 07:32 AM
mrt2you

Bikes: trek 720 multitrack hybred, 92 trek 2300, 2010 specialized roubaix, 2014 specialized roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by AnthonyG
I was struggling to believe there are that many items out there.
The truth is that you have to take a look at the listings and not just count the numbers.

There are some SINGLE speed cranks being sold in various short lengths on eBay. Not triples. These are newish to the market and pretty much based on BMX racing cranks.
Don't get me wrong, its nice that there's at least some choice although most of these hundreds of listings are from just one or two sellers. It seems to be a newish eBay sales technique for there to be MASSES of the same listing from one seller.

There are triples made in a 150mm length for juvenile bikes but generally MTN triples are made at 170mm.
if you want specifics all i can say is search yourself. it doesn't cost anything to look.
i modified the search to 160 crank set triple and got 12 listings from 11 different sellers, the seller with 2 had 2 different types. 6 were selling the same part with almost the same price.
i like to make ebay my first choice when looking for bike parts these days. it seems most local bike shops don't have anything in stock anymore "but they can order it. and get it a week" for 2-3 times the ebay price and usually get the ebay parts in under a week. it also seems to be most online stores really don't have much for deals anymore so ebay i go.