View Single Post
Old 07-26-19, 07:54 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by Brocephus
...aaand right on ^ cue.

BTW, as tempting as it may be, I don't actually clean my chain in the house, or even in the garage. I'm way out in the driveway, in the breeze, well away from any fireworks displays, arc welders, cigarette smokers, live-fire ranges, hydrogen-filled zeppelins, etc. And we're just talking about a cup or two of gas, not an open oil drum full. And i typically put old oil and other similar liquids in a plastic juice container or similar, and periodically drop them off at my favorite Advanced Auto Parts store, where they dispose of used automotive liquids, for free, and (presumably) properly.

Does your auto parts store accept mixed fluids such as oil mixed with gasoline or antifreeze?

Asking because I've never seen one which does. In fact, the Advanced by me has a sign stating oil only and they make you sign your name.

Sincerely curious because I wrench my own vehicles and currently have OMS, drained motor oil, differential gear oil and brake fluid to be disposed. The OMS and brake fluid need to go to Cobb County landfill and it is a pain in the rear end to drive down there, wait with all the trucks, etc.

It would be a huge time saver if I could find a place which takes it all or takes it mixed.

-Tim-