Thread: Finally! (?)
View Single Post
Old 08-11-19, 12:27 PM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
Downtown ride today, 20.5 miles. I'm starting to think I need to hook up with one of the local clubs and try some more 'traditional' club rides now. I enjoy most aspects of the social rides, but now I'm feeling a little physically impatient at all the stopping (no drop social rides), and could use something a bit more. This is a good thing.

It would be kinda nice if we sorta formalized a breakaway group on the return leg of some of these rides, especially the ones with more riders, but that's up to the ride leaders.

Either way, I'm riding, and that's what matters now.

I took the Dale (formerly Urkel, but not as dorky anymore) on this morning's ride, as that's what I've configured this bike to do. I wanted it to be nimble, yet fast enough, and good brakes. The 'weight-loss' wheelset is a bit heavy, but adds a level of mental comfort when riding amongst a group of folks who haven't all quite learned group etiquette. ... strong wheels good.
Only problem I had was near the end of the ride, my QR seatpost clamp slipped a bit and gradually moved me down until it became noticeable. Since I don't have that problem on my bolt-clamp bikes, I'm just gonna do that with this, too. Besides, it'll look better too.

Last edited by velojym; 08-11-19 at 12:33 PM.
Likes For velojym: