Old 10-15-11, 11:45 PM
3 circles

Bikes: 1997 Giant MB, 2011 Felt Z85 Road Bike...and searching. Why didn't anyone tell me that when you get into biking you develop a sick need to own more & more bikes!?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I echo everything RookieRoadie said!-- The comparison between road and MTB is N & D!! But no matter what you ride, it is nice to have a bike computer. It allows to push yourself when your ave is dropping over longer distances( i.e.: being more cognoscente of your wkout) and it's great for logging your miles & trip distances to and from places. You sound like you have the desire for one, so it'll just be a matter of time until you own one!
Originally Posted by RookieRoadie
Hmmm, you can go too far the other way though, maybe a little tighter wouldn't hurt? In answer to the original question, I found the difference between my road and mtn bike to be like night and day (my old bike was pretty cheap though ) acceleration, in particular, was much greater and I discovered that riding up hills at more than a snail's pace was indeed possible! You might find less of a difference between a road bike and your hybrid, but I'd expect it to be faster all the way around nonetheless.