View Single Post
Old 08-16-19, 12:24 PM
LV2TNDM

Bikes: Cannondale tandems: '92 Road, '97 Mtn. Mongoose 10.9 Ti, Kelly Deluxe, Tommaso Chorus, Cdale MT2000, Schwinn Deluxe Cruiser, Torker Unicycle, among others.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
Nice solution!

Originally Posted by ColonelSanders
What brand/model of U-lock do you have?
Yes, I'm curious as well. However, given the NY Fahgettaboudit is 18mm, the difference is 1mm. And a powerful angle grinder will get through both sides in short order, unfortunately. I think you're over-confident in your lock's ability to withstand attack.

I'm very interested in seeing this project be a success. I've customized U-locks over the years to improve their security. Here's one attempt:

(Krypt Rock Lock Mini LS with custom multi-fit "Bad Bones" with pipe sleeves to discourage attack.)

So given my security obsession, I'm willing to put up some cash and take some risk. However, given that they're only at 5% of the money needed to proceed, it looks like it's going to fail. Given that, I'm gonna hold off. But if things look rosier, I will go for it.

I encourage anyone here as fanatic about locks as I am to consider taking the risk too. Might be pretty damn cool to own a massive, one-off piece of future bicycle security history!

Last edited by LV2TNDM; 08-16-19 at 12:57 PM.
Likes For LV2TNDM: