Old 07-11-20, 04:28 PM
mcours2006

Bikes: ...a few.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 235 Posts
Originally Posted by walnutz
Howdy, I’m really only pushing this point because it's a health issue. Lord knows there are enough debates on this forum . But, no, there is no such thing as safe tanning, unless it comes out of a bottle. I just did a quick search and any legitimate source (university research, government research) states this unequivocally. Any dermatologist will say the same.

Again, not trying to start any argument, just want people to protect their skin!

If someone wants to tan, great, just know there are risks. There are also other ways to get vitamin D. Sorry, I’m kind of a nerd about this and probably not everyone needs to worry about it as much as I do.
Fair enough, but one could make the same argument that nothing is 100% safe with just about anything...pesticides in foods, plastics, the water we drink, alcohol, driving, riding a bike, etc. The fact that we are not all dying of skin cancer, just as we are not all getting other types of cancer from environmental causes tells you that there's is a level of sun exposure that is reasonably safe. There are people who are more predisposed to getting skin cancer from UV exposure, and these are the ones who need to be more vigilant about covering up.
Likes For mcours2006: