Old 09-27-20, 09:29 AM
JanMM
rebmeM roineS

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro A20, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 226 Posts
In late July I ordered a new recumbent bike, a Bacchetta Giro A20, from their home base in Florida. A week later they emailed me that they were having trouble finding parts for the 2x11 drive train and would I be interested in a 3x9 setup? Sure, OK, if it would speed up the process. Not long after, another message that a contact in Sweden located 2x11 bits in Europe which would be available in Florida in a week or two. OK, sounds alright. Later got a message that the Euro parts existed only on paper but that they should have 3x9 stuff in a few days for the build. At any rate, they got the bike built up as a 3x9 with gearing very similar to what I've been using on other bikes, and with a reasonable price reduction. Bike got shipped a month after order. Normal turnaround time for them is a week.

UPS Freight got the bike from St. Petersburg to Indianapolis in three days but then it sat in the terminal for 13 days before delivery to me in the Indy suburbs. A UPS customer service rep messaged me at some point that they were experiencing manpower shortages - not sure if he was referencing Indy or UPS Freight in general.
Happy to get the bike that I wanted in spite of Covid-19's impact on parts and shipping.