View Single Post
Old 04-15-21, 08:58 AM
jim_pridx

Bikes: 2010 Bob Brown Cycles tandem, 2019 Co-Mo Carrera tandem, 1980 Richardson tandem, 2014 Cervelo R3, 2018 Specialized Roubaix, 1985 Bianchi Campione, 1983 Trek 720, 2020 Trek Fuel EX8, 2021 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
The mixed bag of older riders, women and families is very apparent and it doesn't look so much like an extreme sport.. more like outdoor exercise.
I definitely resemble that remark.......LOL. Seriously, though, I've been mountain biking on and off since the mid '80s, and while I've taken my fair share of spills over the years, at 67 I'm much more cautious on the trails that are available to us today. One bad fall and I could be out of the ball game for quite some time, but still, I haven't lost any pride whatsoever by regularly riding the green and blue trails these days. For the most part they're pretty easy and harmless, but they often times offer some great uphill climbing as well as providing a good cardio workout as well! My wife and I even started fat biking this past winter, and we've had loads of fun doing it! It's all good!
Likes For jim_pridx: