View Single Post
Old 07-17-19, 11:53 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
I sold my bikes, along with a hundred others, to a buyer 1000 miles away. To deal on one bike shipment there and one back would eat up considerable value. I did give it some thought, though.

I have already run through the gambit of what I could do and what I should do. The only thing that came to mind, was sub another bike, the only one I had. The truck for the shipment was already parked at the loading site (over 100 bikes were being shipped) and there was no time to make sudden plans. My computer was at my cottage, the rest of the bikes were in the city and we were starting to load in less than an hour. I hated the upgrade to the order, but I try hard to stand by my word. And my word was seven bikes.

Now, this is not the buyer's problem and he just might say, sure, he will take the hit, and the costs to ship both bikes, and... You get my point. To that add, simply, that this was entirely the bike shop's fault for not looking carefully.

My concern now, is should I expect some form of compensation from the bike shop ? I should add that both owners are nice guys and considered to be friends.

My plan, now, is to make them aware of their mistake and see what they have to say. If they do offer to help with the mistake, I will ask for one of their not for display, or lesser, vintage bikes to be tucked away for a future project.

Anyway, not the end of the world and I am no longer angry. We all make mistakes and I am absolutely positive that there was no ill will intended with the mistake. There is certainly no ill will at my end. Just looking for a fair solution to a little problem.