View Single Post
Old 05-04-17, 10:29 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by jon c.
It's definitely greener out here. Had our first spring rain the other day and you could smell the green. Delightful.

Generally speaking, malls are more a function of suburban living than rural living. I haven't been in a mall in years, but ironically the only mall that exists in the greater metro area I live near is located in the city.

Undoubtedly delivery of services is more efficient in densely populated areas. But there are downsides as well. Heat island effects and stormwater/wastewater concentration are two that spring to mind. Social issues also tend to increase in high density populations.

All human existence impacts the environment and regardless of where they live it is the increasing number of humans that will exacerbate these impacts. I'm not convinced the clustering more people closer together provides any great solution. I think the two most significant steps forward that we could make now in terms of lessening negative impact of humans on their environment would be to eliminate fossil fuels and control population growth. I have hope for the former.
Actually it seems meat production trumps all bad things us humans are doing to the world. as I understand it's effects, it's number 1 in what is considered the worst thing we do...

Last edited by 350htrr; 05-04-17 at 10:32 PM.