DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
Originally Posted by Kedosto
I'd hit the outside of that tire with some vulcanizing glue or pain ol' rubber cement. I'd patch the tire on the inside with a tube patch. Then I'd slap a new tube in it and ride it down to the cords. I'm not ashamed to admit I've ridden far worse looking tires all the way to end-of-life. I wouldn't mount it on the front, but I'd definitely wear that one out positioned on the rear.
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
I have done that several times over the years. Boot the tire and ride it. When I have cuts of that size I put a double boot on it and run it on the front. Less weight on the wheel will put less stress on the booted portion of the tire. Had one go 3000 miles like that until the boot finally wore through!
Same-- only for me it's super glue on the outside, and Gorilla Tape on the inside. Super-gluing cuts on tires is a normal activity for me. So long as the hole isn't getting any bigger, ride it. My back tire has threads showing in a couple of spots. Still riding it. They're tires, not Faberge Eggs.

My last tire that got trashed early had a cut so big I could fit my pinky through it. What the OP has got is barely a flesh wound.