Old 03-10-19, 10:27 AM
fstrnu

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Log

Decided to pursue maximum clarity of insight into training status via a uniform microcycle of repeating 6 x 10 workouts every third day. Today's workout resulted in a 3% CD which calls for the second power increase since Feb 13. This also reflects a healthy ability to recover using a 9-day microcycle which, as I've state previously, I'd like to challenge myself to increase to a 6-day microcycle. This will depend on the impact of the upcoming 9-day uniform microcycle at increased power on fatigue accumulation.

Originally Posted by fstrnu
Last Wednesday, expected chaos on the home front had me ducking into the gym at work for a 90 minute session on the Keiser bike which went better than expected and I was also able to successfully capture data so that will be a great for contingencies. Did not have HR info as I didn't have my strap with me and as usual Fitbit was useless. Power seemed about 20 watts higher than on Snap based on RPE. I'm tempted to get a second strap for work.

After a more-stressful-than-expected weekend at a state swim meet which also meant no weekend workouts, Monday's workout was abysmal. Planned duration was 60 minutes but quit after 20 minutes at working power. Post-analysis revealed a CD of 6% over just 20 minutes. Yesterday was back on track with a CD of 6% over 60 minutes of work.

I'm considering some forced progression to experiment with purposely driving up and dissipating fatigue/CD at different intervals, i.e. within and between microcycles and blocks. Endurance training should make this easy given microcycle uniformity delivering multiple tests. But will be tricky to get 120 minute sessions on weekdays so might substitute 6 x 10's since I can perform those on any day.

Last edited by fstrnu; 03-10-19 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typo