Old 05-09-19, 10:19 AM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 244 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by noodle soup
I was looking into buying a Gunner Roadie when I got a sweet deal on my Domane(60cm shop demo bike)..It's nearly identical geometry to my custom CF frameset I was replacing, but once i added the option for internal Di2 routing, rear brake hose, and an Enve fork, the Doamane was a far better deal.

If I was looking for a steel gravel bike, the Gunner Hyper-x would be on my short list.
Yep. Agree.

I'm kind of looking at a new frame now for an adventure bike. The Domane was really attractive to me mostly because I'm pretty comfortable riding gravel on a 32mm tire or less. The big problem for me was that this was going to a travel bike and that seat mast/seat tube set up is kind of scary to me for putting it in my bag (Orucase - awesome bag and no airline fees) given baggage handlers. I also think it presents a fit problem there. I really wish Trek had put a more traditional seat clamp/post arrangement on the frame.

FWIW, I'm replacing a Crosshairs I have now (being passed down to #1 son). The bike was originally built up with Ultegra 6800 but I converted it to an electronic drivetrain with eTap Red. For a travel bike, that's been next to ideal - no wires or cables to deal with so it packs up fast and cleanly.

J.